DIRECTOR OF MARKETING COMMUNICATIONS
About the Organization:
The Mid-States Minority Supplier Development Council (Mid-States MSDC) is one of the nation’s premier organizations for increasing business opportunities between major buying organizations and minority-owned businesses. It serves as a membership organization for major corporations, financial institutions, government agencies, and universities and operates within the states of Central Illinois, Indiana, and Eastern Missouri. Specifically, the Council promotes and facilitates the development of business relationships between its members and certified minority-owned business enterprises.
The Council works to expand business opportunities for minority-owned companies in an effort to build a stronger, more equitable society by supporting and promoting minority business development. The Council has over 58 corporate members and approximately 300 certified minority businesses. The Council organizes networking events, educational sessions, and unique opportunities that serve as venues for Minority Business Enterprises (MBEs) and corporate members to come together and identify mutually beneficial opportunities to work with one another.
The Council is a private, non-profit organization categorized by the IRS as 501(c)(3). The Council is headquartered in Indianapolis and relies on local advisory committee volunteers to assist with programs in each region. This approach helps develop closer relationships with members, and better define programs and services. The Council is one of 23 affiliates of the National Minority Supplier Development Council (NMSDC).
The Director of Marketing Communications reports to the President/CEO and is responsible for developing and implementing a comprehensive internal and external marketing and communications plan that will increase revenues, profits, and visibility. This position is expected to uphold the mission and values established by the organization.
Essential Job Functions
- Assists with the development of a strategic marketing plan as well as implements the recommendations of the plan.
- Furnishes marketing advice, counsel, and general staff support to all departments within the organization.
- Develops marketing campaigns for Council programs and events. This includes formulating a specific budget and expenditure plan for each.
- Develops messaging for brochures or other print or electronic ads to market programs and services.
- Assists in developing an evaluation process to gain feedback from constituents.
- Prepare communications materials for corporate members giving snapshots of certified MBE capabilities as well as industry composition.
- Prepare communications materials to be used to solicit potential corporate members and MBEs.
- Completes projects as assigned by the President/CEO.
- Develops and manages organic and paid social media and search campaigns, assessing analytics, advising cross-functional teams to maximize ROI, and drive traffic and conversions. Develops branding templates to ensure consistency in look, feel, and messaging.
- Lead integrated end-to-end digital marketing campaigns through the targeting, creation, implementation, tracking, and analysis of initiatives.
- Serves as owner and oversight of website redesign and content refresh while evaluating performance by analyzing metrics, producing reports, and recommending enhancements.
- Develops and maintains a consistent brand voice and message across all digital platforms.
Skills & Abilities
- Demonstrates excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Exceptional people management skills.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Expert prioritization and organization skills, especially the ability to multi-task. Ability to communicate with corporate members and certified MBEs effectively.
- Ability to set, manage and deliver on mutually agreed-upon goals.
- Strong organization and planning skills.
- Demonstrates resourcefulness and ability to adapt to a variety of situations.
- Team player.
- Availability to travel overnight throughout the Council’s coverage area as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, public relations, communications, or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in marketing, communications, or public relations.
- Highly creative.
- Proven track record of success and strong organizational skills.
- Experience with various Microsoft programs, including but not limited to Word, Excel, and Outlook.
$50,000 – $60,000
Please submit your cover letter, resume, and a writing sample to Interim CEO Daryle L. Johnson at email@example.com with the subject line: “Marketing Position Application.”
The above role is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.